Monday, August 3, 2009

too legit

As you all may know by now, I'm not afraid to play around with fashion and different trends, so it's no surprise that I jumped on the harem pant bandwaggon. I used to own a pair (and I still do) that my good friend Shanice made for me last winter, but I had to retire them recently because I wore them out so much that they now have holes! They struck a lot of attention around campus (both positive and negative), but I didn't care...I just loved them so much. Well, as a gift to myself, I purchased a these new harem pants from American Apparel last week (for only $40), and I'm in love all over again. These pants are amazing, look amazing, and fit amazing in all the right places. They're tight around the leg and low in the crotch, making them easy-breezy for the summer weather. I love pairing mine with a tank or a button down tucked in, but they also look great with just a fitted tshirt. I'm sure that within the next few months I'll have to buy another replacement pair of harem pants, but sadly by then, they'll be retired in the hall of fame of "Fashions of Decades Past" like they were after MC Hammer sported his in the 90s. So go get yours and have a blast before these pants become fashion history yet again!

4 comments:

  1. I want to try the harem pants, or drop crotch, whatever it is they're called these days but I'm afraid I'd look too slouchy and big on the bottoms. :/ Hopefully they worked out great for you!

    Patricia Ann
    www.theshapesofthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going to lie, they do make you look bottom heavy, but thats one of the prices that I paid for fashion! but you shouldnt be discouraged about trying them...try them in black because we all know black is the most flattering. also, look for a pair that isnt too harem...some just have a smaller crotch as compared to the traditonal harem pants (urban outfitters have a few pairs that look more like slacks than loose, drapey cotton). wearing heels also helps balance things out too. hope this helped and you give them a try!
    love your blog btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I am thinking of perhaps a slight lower crotch instead of the ones that come all the way down to the knees. :)


    P.S. Eww, I just noticed that the guy underneath "Indian Summer", is that dude from The City. :P

    Patricia Ann
    www.theshapesofthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha yup, thats him...creep. but i liked the look. lol

    also, im looking forward to potentially winning that bag on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete